Making sense

Anne Lamott, on writing ...

"We are a species that needs and wants to understand who we are. Sheep lice do not seem to share this longing, which is one reason why they write so little. But we do. We have so much we want to say and figure out.”

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Feeling restless. Again.

So I'm sitting here in my dining room noticing there's dried dog snot on the window, but instead of cleaning it I want to go on a shopping spree, or book a vacation, or just get into the car and drive around, looking for Sunday Open Houses. I LOVE walking through other people's homes. I get great ideas for decorating, or decluttering.
Perhaps I'll go get some frozen custard, or stop by Lowe's and look through wallpaper books. Going to a pumpkin patch sounds appealing, only I don't have a small child to go with me; I would feel a bit like a creepster wandering around without a kid.
Fostering a child would be enormously satisfying; however, my spousal unit won't go for it. "We've already raised three children," he says.
There's a "BARK/BAKE" sale at the local animal shelter, until 5 p.m., only I think it would be VERY difficult to see an adorable animal and not be able to adopt it. "We already have a dog and a cat," my husband says.
Restless I am. Like I said.

No comments: