Making sense

Anne Lamott, on writing ...

"We are a species that needs and wants to understand who we are. Sheep lice do not seem to share this longing, which is one reason why they write so little. But we do. We have so much we want to say and figure out.”

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rainy days and Tuesdays ...

I'm extremely affected by the weather.
Today the sky is threatening rain and I'm feeling blue. I'd really wanted to head to the pool today to soak up the Vitamin D; also, being at the pool means not having my hand in the Doritos bag.
***
So I went shopping, which always improves the mood. First, I did some Internet therapy, ordering a cute/artsy Chico's top and a beautiful vintage-reproduction tea dress from my favorite Web site ever: www.victoriantradingco.com

Then, I headed over to Kohl's (the real store) and picked up two pairs of sandals. Very cute. Bought a new bag and a busy-print Vera Wang summer dress.

Saw my hairdresser at the appointed 2 p.m. time and sat, scalp burning, under the dryer while my color oxidized. Two and a half hours I was there, total, and when I left the salon the gray clouds dumped a deluge. Yippee! My hair looked salon-styled for an entire four minutes.

Fortunately, I have the newest Elizabeth Berg title to finish reading.
Must make some hot black coffee and curl up in my cuddly chair.

2 comments:

Bee said...

I'm really affected by the weather, too. Hate wind; it makes me feel crazy. I hope you get to hang out by the pool soon . . . I still remember your blissed-out pool day from last summer.

Your shopping adventures sounded like fun, though.

Susan said...

Hey, Kate ~

Oh, I'm a long-time fan of Elizabeth Berg's writing - I think Pull of the Moon is my favorite!

A recommendation: Broken for you by Stephanie Kallos - absolutely stunning, especially for a first novel... :-)