Making sense

Anne Lamott, on writing ...

"We are a species that needs and wants to understand who we are. Sheep lice do not seem to share this longing, which is one reason why they write so little. But we do. We have so much we want to say and figure out.”

Friday, July 3, 2009

Feeling sad/creative/financially reckless

Consider it a method of dealing with my-dad's-been-dead-for-two-years-grief, but I've been keeping uber-busy these last few days.
Bought twenty-two new frames for family pictures. Now all I have to do is get them hung in some sort of attractive manner.
Been playing the old vinyl LP's since Tuesday. Have listened to MJ's THRILLER 19 times. The children are getting very annoyed with that album.
Lots of retail therapy. Hundreds of dollars spent on household items. What is it about psychic pain that makes me want to buy kitchen linens?
Wrote a tongue-in-cheek piece about how Stevie Nicks's music saved my life back in 1982 (long story). Got brave and e-mailed it to The New Yorker.
What have I got to lose?

1 comment:

Bee said...

Well, I'd like to read your Stevie Nicks story.

Sorry about the heat and all of the sad news lately. xx