Making sense

Anne Lamott, on writing ...

"We are a species that needs and wants to understand who we are. Sheep lice do not seem to share this longing, which is one reason why they write so little. But we do. We have so much we want to say and figure out.”

Sunday, March 23, 2008

It's Easter!

My mood has lifted somewhat, considering it's Easter Day. I love Easter! I sat in Mass this morning telling myself how pathetic I have been acting, how pitiful it is to walk around all hunched over, feeling sorry for myself. I have so many blessings! So many successes! A ton of chocolate waiting for me at home and a Norman Rockwell ham dinner forthcoming.
Instead of thinking negatively about my friend's sale, I intend to proceed with sweetness and light, and celebrate her joy. My friend has earned every moment of glee. She's the hardest working first-time novelist I've ever known. The Sister knows how to market herself and get her name out in the world.
It hit me in church: I can learn from her. I am, after all, an educator. "Each one teach one," right?

No comments: