Making sense

Anne Lamott, on writing ...

"We are a species that needs and wants to understand who we are. Sheep lice do not seem to share this longing, which is one reason why they write so little. But we do. We have so much we want to say and figure out.”

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rest in peace, Farrah

My favorite Charlie's Angel died this morning in a California hospital. Just 62, Farrah Fawcett succumbed to a three-year battle with cancer.
Stupid cancer.
I hate cancer.
I hate cancer.
I hate cancer.
Along with nine million viewers on May 15, I watched Farrah's Story, an excellent docudrama chronicling Farrah's medical visits and hospital stays. The television special showed the needles and the blood and the vomiting; nothing was sugar-coated. At times it was painful to watch, as doing so brought back painful memories of watching cancer steal my dad's health.
Did I mention how much I hate cancer?
It pangs me to know that Farrah was not the recipient of the miracle she'd fervently prayed for.
Rest in peace, dearest Farrah.

1 comment:

prashant said...

pangs me to know that Farrah was not the recipient of the miracle she'd fervently prayed for.

Work from home India