Making sense

Anne Lamott, on writing ...

"We are a species that needs and wants to understand who we are. Sheep lice do not seem to share this longing, which is one reason why they write so little. But we do. We have so much we want to say and figure out.”

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rest in peace, Michael

So the King of Pop left this world today too. What is happening?
First Farrah and now Michael.
I feel numb and so .... so old. So much of my adolescence revolved around Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. I was in high school when MTV premiered; Michael's Thriller video was something to behold. Everyone I knew endeavored to learn the dance.
One of my boyfriends had Farrah's red swimsuit poster hanging on his bedroom door.
My family watched Charlie's Angels together; I wore the Farrah signature style from 1979 until 1982.
Two pop icons are gone.
I'm feelin' pretty down.

No comments: