Making sense

Anne Lamott, on writing ...

"We are a species that needs and wants to understand who we are. Sheep lice do not seem to share this longing, which is one reason why they write so little. But we do. We have so much we want to say and figure out.”

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cupcake, anyone?

I am desiring a cupcake.
White cake with pink frosting, maybe a few sprinkles. A glass of icy cold milk.
Or maybe a yellow cupcake with chocolate frosting.
Spice cake with cream-cheese frosting sounds delicious, too.
Mmmmm. Forgot about carrot cake. Always a good choice.
Lemon, though, sounds good. Or maybe poppyseed.

Need to throw my keys away before I go in search of a bakery.
A cupcake is not on my new food plan.
Why is it so much fun to gain weight and so difficult and soul-wrenching to lose it?
Why can't I be one of those rail-thin people who cannot gain weight?
Me? Kathleen? I can get fat thinking about cupcakes.

No comments: