Making sense

Anne Lamott, on writing ...

"We are a species that needs and wants to understand who we are. Sheep lice do not seem to share this longing, which is one reason why they write so little. But we do. We have so much we want to say and figure out.”

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Movies 9, 10, 11, 12

Movie Time!

The Good:
1) Limitless (Bradley Cooper's character is given a magic pill that makes him invincible. One extremely disgusting scene involving blood; otherwise, I liked this movie. Kept my attention.)
2) A Little Help (Quirky movie about a young widow's dysfunctional family; I adore quirky dysfunctional family movies. Should probably try to write a script for one. God knows I am the product of quirky dysfunction.)
3) About Fifty (Two fifty-plus buddies ... bromance? ... take a weekend golf outing; middle-aged angst is appealing to me, and I understand it, what with being middle aged myself and full of angst ... .)

The Bad:
4) Jack & Jill (Ninety minutes of my life that I will never get back. The first ten minutes seemed sweet, and hopeful, that more sweetness and light and familial love would follow, but then the plot took a weird and strange and disturbing twist. Al Pacino? Really?)

No comments: